After playing a lot with Arduino and LED strips (WS2812b) I decided to create a sky plate for my baby.
Arduino is now the BEST microcontroller you can find on the market to drive simple sensors. So what can I ask to do at my 10$-Arduino?
- Attach 4-5 clouds on the sky, each with 60 LEDs for some simple effects (or thunder effect)
- Add inclination sensor to each cloud, to add even more effects!
- Add a microphone, to add even more cloud effects!
- Possibility to add a thermometer to get a temperature feedback.
- Connect other 50-60 LEDs directly on the sky to create a star-effect in the night.
- Connect a MP3 player to play sound effects or lullaby melodies.
- Possibility to manage the animation with a IR-remote
- Possibility to manage the entire system with a smartphone
Maybe this is too much for a 5$ computer (Arduino). Hope to be able to integrate all this in a single Arduino Mega with 8kb RAM.